Monday, June 8, 2009

Moose Has His Forever Home With Mary

Photobucket

.. Well Moose had won the heart of his new guardian Mary.. Here is a bit of her email sharing her love of this boy.. a match made by the Universe.. who can go wrong with that.. WooHoooooo

Dear Helen

I see him "blooming" on an almost daily basis. He is no longer the reserved puppy I brought here, but the mischievous puppy he probably hasn't had the chance to be. He gets into lots of mischief, which although it is exhausting for me, I am grateful to see. I know that means he is beginning to acclimate to his surroundings. I also know he is so bonded to me; he'll let me do anything to him. He trusts me completely. I just need him to realize that I'm the alpha...that's what training will do for us! And I slowly see that he is realizing that...the more he trusts, the more he wants to please.

So, Helen, as you've probably already guessed...I am ready to commit to adopting Moosie and make him a naturalized citizen of the United States (although I know he will always have a place in his heart for his homeland, Canada). He's a wonderful, sweet boy who just needs lots of attention, love and training. I'm more than willing to provide all for him...he's my boy. Besides, both my neighbor and my friend Pete (Emily the basset's father) have told me they'll never speak to me again if I don't adopt him! Of course, they both know me well enough to know I could never give him up!

Please let me know what we need to do to formalize.... I promise I will continue to update you on his progress. He really is blossoming! And I know that will make your heart sing....

Love from Moosie and me,
Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO HAPPY ..............
The little boy that we got deserved
a break because it was very difficult
for him where he was........

IT IS GREAT..................

MO is very pleased

Good Job BHRQ again

Good for you Mary that you saw what
he could become and not just what
he was...........

We need more people like you

Anonymous said...

congratulations mary! moose seems like one of the typical bassets, friendly and hide their intellect! just leave that steak unguarded for a sec and it will disappear into thin air! http://www.gocomics.com/fredbasset
one of our favorite comics!