Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thought I'd Update

.. Today I have some time to update this so I'm taking the opportunity.. My brother had his surgery it lasted 10.5 hours instead of the usual 5.. as it turned out his heart was in bad shape.. as was trying to find a vain to work with in his leg. He is back at home alone and being 60 and trying to recover is a challenge but he is doing his best.

Now for me.. I'm still living with the threat of the municipality giving me grief as I still have an extra dog here.. so I keep my patio door blind closed as that was how they caught me last time.. he went into my yard and on my deck in order to get pictures of the dogs in my house while I was out.. Talk about a sleaze. Thats why I couldn't beat the fine.. he had proof.So now like I said I keep my blinds closed at least until Dekyper is adopted. I have had calls for bassets but still I have no fosters to help me with them and it breaks my heart. It was SOOOOOOOO much easier when I could just go get them and bring them here.. no muss no fuss.. I have poor Lex still in a foster for months now and he needs to be moved as the family is back to school and he is alone for hours and not enjoying it at all... He is such a sweetie I don't understand why no one has asked about him...

Anyways I will keep plugging along. I will be doing the Beaconsfield Pet Fair on the 12th so I hope to maybe find some fosters there.. If you pray.. please add BHRQ to your prayers.. We really need divine intervention..

Oh and just a word about JJ.. his surgery went great and he had his pins out about 10 days ago.. he is doing wonderful now.. the surgeon was quite please with the results.

Thanks for all the emails for my brother's recovery.. I appreciate them more than you know.. as those were the longest 10.5 hours of my life..

Bless You All

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great too hear helen!! we drove by the other day and were wondering how things were! hope things go well, you and all are in our prayers!

ABC Basset Hound Rescue said...

I am a volunteer with ABC basset rescue of NY and have followed your blog for some time now. I used your blog as an inspiration to start an official blog for ABC and thank you for that. I am sorry for all of your recent troubles, both basset and family.

ABC basset rescue is having an event in the Buffalo, NY area, which may be close to some of your supporters and volunteers in the Niagara area and I thought it may be of interest. You can find more information here: http://nybasset.blogspot.com/2009/09/get-ready-for-2nd-annual-buffalo-basset.html

Good luck with everything,
Ariel

Anonymous said...

HI Helen

I wish you the best and my heart
goes to you with all my love.......
I do not pray but I believe in
destiny and faith so I wish to
believe that everything will work
out for you and the dogs........
I am sending a lot of positive ener-
gy to Lex and hopefully somebody
will wake-up with him in mind

Best regards

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Helen
I wish you the best, for the futur. hope you will find a way for all of your problem.

Best regard
Aurore, Erika, Richars and Puppy,charlotte. ( charlotte her name is no more charlotte but petit clown...she's so funny.

Hope to ear good news in the futur.