Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Charlotte & Billy Bob

.. These two poor 4 year olds cast aside like trash because Charlotte's last 2 litters died.. When I rescued her she had given birth just 3 weeks prior.. she was very thin her nails long and curled basically unkempt these indeed a bad sign of neglect.. she should have been a tad over weight to have sustained pups.. its no wonder they died.. Her nipples hang to the floor from so much breeding.. I doubt she was ever allowed to recover after each litter sadly.. her pregnancy figure will probably remain with slight adjustment her nipples should recede some but never be back to normal. However even though she was abused in such a manner her basset Spirit remained in tact.. she is a real sweet dog.. She had been kept in an outdoor barn so wasn't housebroken thats being worked on.. She is actually doing well .. also pretty clingy with her foster Mom.. as she really never felt cared for or loved.. She really enjoyed a trip to the groomer to get cleaned up.. She'll be spayed Aug.1.. and can then hope to get her Forever Home.. Isn't she sweet looking..

Photobucket

.. Now Billy Bob .. Well he really was filthy when I picked him up.. my van stunk of where ever he was kept.. likely in his own excrement.. his nails were curled and turned under.. I had to stop at the groomer before coming back home I needed to bath him and have her try to trim down his nails well at least get the curl off.. they were still very long.. After that I proceeded home.. Introduced the two to my gang here.. but of course her being an intact female the boys were after her.. I ended up sequestering them in the kitchen.. good thing as they were not house broken either. He was a little wary of the group trying to see his mate..
I called to get him neutered ASAP. the next day he was at the vets was neutered and given all his vaccines as he had not received any.. Typical of a " Back Yard Breeder " they don't care for the dogs just the money they can bring.. Billy Bob came through his surgery and is with his foster Mom learning about life outside the mill.. He was fearful of stairs.. was out of breath on walks.. but that too is changing with patience and effort.. Billy Bob will make someone an excellent companion.. He too is a sweetie..

Photobucket

I hope these two get their " Forever Home's " and have wonderful lives.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Canada! If I lived there I'd love to help with all of these houndies..

I hope they find a forever home full of love :]