Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Katie & Darcy Arrived

.. The transport was on time.. both Katie and Darcy were pretty tired and anxious.. Luckily Katie had been adopted before her arrival by a sweet family in Saint Hilaire.. She is very lucky and happy there to be in the company of another basset .. It was great to deliver her yesterday.. ..
Darcy on the other hand was a very nervous wreck.. there was some abuse in her past as her tail was broken twice for fun.. She kept to herself once she arrived here.. however today she was out in the yard with the gang howling.. a good sign.. She still stays here in my home office as she seems more at ease and I don't mind.. She will come around with the others I'm very patient..
Brandy another basset came up with the transport but she too was adopted in Ottawa.. so this has been a successful run..
Now there are some seniors that are desperate to get out of the kennel they live in.. its rather grim but they are alive.. Its difficult to place seniors.. I really don't get that though.. They are so much easier to take care of.. they also so appreciate a second chance to have love and comfort in their lives.. I guess I'll have to put it out to the Universe to bring VERY special hearts to BHRQ for these seniors.. I put them on a special page on the website for all to see.. I hope not to have them there long.. they already have been waiting months for someone to step-up.. So I have my fingers crossed for them..

No comments: