Thursday, June 3, 2010

Behind The Wheel

... I feel like that is all I am doing these days.. just yesterday I was down in Ogdensburg New York.. Picked up two 8 year old bassets .. then drove to Ottawa to deliver them to my foster.. Got home around 7:00 .. Today I'm off to Saint Hyacinthe for a possible adoption .. I am meeting this family at a dog park there as its neutral territory to see if Yankee and him get along.. but thats not until 6:00.. but with the travel time and 4:00 crazy traffic through Montreal.. I have to leave at 2:15.. so I don't get caught up in bridge traffic.. So again tonight I'll be home maybe by 8:00.. Tomorrow I'm delivering two bassets to the South Shore for foster.. Saturday I'm off to Kempville for a home visit.. Then saturday Bert and Faith arrive on the transport at 10:00 in Prescott Ontario.. Sunday I'm out again..
.. Yes allot of behind the scenes work goes on in rescue that a second thought isn't given too.. So when some folks complain about adoption fees its all I can do to hold my tongue sometimes.. I know this is my choice to do but if I didn't the 100+ bassets I have saved and rehomed might not have had a life..as well their adopters might never have had the best friend they could ever have.. I know I'm proof of that as all three of my personal bassets are rescues.. and I cannot imagine my like without these clown like dogs.. Its why it is breaking my heart to know I'm loosing Percy..

No comments: