Monday, June 21, 2010

Double Edged Sword Weekend

.. This passed weekend has been a real roller coaster.. I really should have only been thrilled as I had an adoption ( Poko ) saturday and a new trial ( Rocky ) sunday.. I also had calls about 3 found bassets.. luckily 2 were returned to their owners.. One I still have to go get this week.. a 3 year old boy..
But saturday afternoon the hammer dropped on me.. one of my rescued pups had died.. he was only 1.5 years old.. and my favorite of the lot.. I loved them all but this guy was special.. quite a character.. He was so lovely looking he made it to the front cover of BHRO calendar.. My heart sank with that phone call.. I knew this couple LOVED him dearly but made a fatal mistake by leaving him in their car on a hot day while they shopped.. I have been angry.. melancholy.. couldn't sleep.. crazy images kept playing out in my head.. I had just ( June 4th ) put my Percy to sleep at 15.5 years old.. I am still raw emotionally.. In my mind I knew that they would never have hurt this little guy intentionally.. it was just poor judgment.. You know you hear it on the tv and radio .. about leaving dogs in cars.. this time it has hit close to home for me..
Rest In Peace Widestripe..Go find grumpy ole Percy..

31-12-09 - 19-06-10

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a tragedy...............so
young.
Quite a fatal error of jugement
and an extreme painful way to die

Hopefully it will be the only one
but nonetheless very upsetting

I'm really sorry it had to happen

WhiteFeather said...

My Spirit Sister

So sorry to read of the passing of Percy, i know he held a very special place in your heart and with others who knew him, i would like to think he is in very good hands now, receiving lots of pats on the head as he follows his nose looking at his new surroundings, maybe he has found your mom and my dad who will give him much comfort and be a new pal to him untill he finds comfort in his new home, taking walks with my dad who now can walk again and both will feel no pain, your Spirt Brother, WF~

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I'm having a really hard time accepting this. People KNOW not to leave a dog in a hot car for crying out loud. I've waited till I stopped being so angry before posting this but honestly I'm still to angry regarding this "mistake", maybe I'll post later.

Take care Helen you do the best you can.

Lou