Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lots of News...

... Well Nemo has a home YAY.. Noah's doing better.. Reese arrived and is now with her foster Mom.. so she can settle down with a sense of homelife and security.. its very hard on rescues all the changes they endure in short spans of time.. I am so glad bassets are very resilient .. In the meanwhile I have yet another unwanted senior coming in with two younger gals.. Ethel looked so sweet and lost in the picture I received how could I say no.. she wouldn't have had a chance.. I'm sure there is someone here that will see her and say.. Yes that old doll is for me.. she's not so old just 6.5 but greying.. haha.. not the end of the world.. Luckily the Universe has wonderful people that call themselves Pilots For Paws.. they help rescues get out of bad situations by bringing them to the safety of waiting rescues.. Ethel.. Jill and Daisy are the three I will get with their help.. as well fosters Megan and Stephanie who will retrieve them from the pilot.. take them home for a couple of days rest then they will be in the relay transport to get them here to me.. Here's Ethel..

Photobucket

What rescues go through to try to save lives is amazing.. it takes such logistics to get it all to go off without too many glitches.. There are so many unknown volunteers that deserve such recognition for all they do driving.. piloting .. holding.. these rescues every weekend they hop in their cars to drive a stretch in the relays to get these dogs to their destinations.. I am in awe each time I have the pleasure of meeting up with them.. They truly are a blessing.. these road warriors ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE................
THEY DESERVES MORE THAN PRAISE....
SO MUCH LOVE
SO MUCH BIG HEARTS
SO MUCH PASSION

I WISH I COULD MEET THEM ALL AND
GIVE THEM HUGS AND KISSES AND A WHOLE LOT MORE

SO I HOPE THEY READ THIS AND THAT
THEY KNOW THAT I AM A HUGE FAN