Monday, November 8, 2010

Bailey R.I.P.

Photobucket

A last entry for Bailey's foster diary.

Monday my foster Mom just installed dogwatch fencing at her new home in Gananoque. Inspite of my challenges she had arranged to keep me while spending half time in Ottawa and half in Kingston/Gananoque. Unfortunately I won't be using that yard. I passed peacefully in Sherry's arms earlier today. After returning Friday's breakfast I stopped eating and x-rays showed a large quantity of liquid in my abdominal cavity that was largely blood with a very low white cell count.

Perhaps when Sherry has had a chance to morn my passing some other needy dog will get to use my yard.

Bailey

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a very sad time this is. Bailey has joined Gabby . Everyone hug your bassets and love them for all they are and all they give us.
We will never find better friends.
Donna {and Virgile}

Anonymous said...

I am bouncing back faster than I expected, in a large part because Bailey was such a wonderful guy. He was so joyous most of the time. For a dog with initial issues it speaks well of him that many of the neighbours and all my friends mourn him also, not just simpathize with me for the loss of a pet. He will be missed by many doggy friends at the off leash dog park too.

I remember:
-his bouncy waddle and happy tail
-his joy when someone found and scratched his pleasure spot marked with a white patch at his tail.
-his front feet for some reason. So big yet so gentle and soft to touch.
-his playful way of throwing a toy or ball and drawing you into playing with him.
-his vocabulary, especially when lying on my feet trying to convince me to leave what ever chore and visit a while.

It will be a challenge to find the next right foster but Bailey would approve of my searching.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, we just lost 8 years Basset Hound of cancer, two adulds with broken heart.Beethoven was love of my life.
Befoure we had Oscar, this is so hard to say goodbay somebody who is part of your family..
regards
Ella & John