Friday, September 12, 2008

Doing Housework With Bassets..

.. When you have a rescue in your home and 6 bassets running around there is no time to keep up with cleaning.. I mean the basics get done but even thats a task.. changing the sheets on the futon can be a challenge as they find it most fun to run and jump on the mattress.. vacuuming well thats a howlfest.. with Hoovy keeping beat scratching in the ceramic kitchen floor to show his anxiety with the vacuum .. mopping.. well they have to see aqnd smell the buckets with each change.. they love lavender scent anything.. the cats head for the basement.. the birds well they quiet right down..

I'm trying to get my fall big jobs done.. ie: getting drool off walls.. reorganizing the bedding/towels.. fall clothes must come out.. the living room needs a new coat of paint.. bathroom has taken a beating washing all these dogs the water on the floor has softened it a bit by the tub.. Glad I got that " Booster Bath " saves my back now washing them all.. especially with the fall rains and mud these days.. Soon the leaves will blanket the yard and poop will be harder to find.. thats when I really could use a mud room.. haha.. However for today I'll do what I can.. but I can't wait for the snow.. Yes its a daily challenge keeping everything relatively clean and poop scooped..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I don't have 6, my one is enough when trying to clean. I feel you about the sheet/bedding change. Bo thinks that is a game, I cannot help but laugh.

I want to repaint my room...good luck getting all of that done!

Louise said...

At least you have an excuse I don't even have one and my house looks like a tornado hit it :/