Monday, April 20, 2009

JJ Will Need Both Legs Fixed

.. Today I saw Dr. L. Leger orthopedic surgeon here in Montreal.. he looked over JJ and explained what was going on with is front legs.. my heart sinking all the while.. this boy will need multiple surgeries to correct his legs.. and this will take probably a year plus of recovery time.. limiting his movement to crate living most of the time except to go potty.. He is just a 7 month old pup.. how can he be expected to endure this.. DAM those backyard breeders.. The surgeries will run around $10,000.00 he explained .. I'm sure he saw my expression .. he explained Helen.. your going to have to do some serious fundraising for him as well for your other rescues.. my head was spinning I admit.. but I told him I was confident.. as I was always told that " The Universe won't give you more than you can handle " Yes its testing me yet again.. He will phone Saint Hyacinth Veterinarian College to get me an appointment ASAP.. as his bones are growing daily..

Stay tuned..

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know Helen I said I was going to have to not read about your rescues for awhile cause I'm a softy... However I find myself reading about your latest Basset J.J! As luck has it he has found you and all your loyal followers. My Aunt always told me what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You are one strong gal I'd have to say. But the way Wink is a blast tonight she was trying out her voice telling Flash to let go of her ducky! :O) ARooGa! (I think that's Gimme in Basset) Hope the college is able to help J.J and many more Basset babies. What alot to endure.
All the Best
Jen