Saturday, April 24, 2010

Absolutely Crazy Week

... What a week.. last saturday night 11:15 the basset/doxie mix pups arrived with Molly the basset.. I drove home the hour and fifteen minutes but soon realized getting in the house was going to be a joke.. the gang here would howl blue murder as soon as they heard the van.. So I just drove by and as luck would have it.. they heard me.. as its dead quiet around here at night.. So off I drove to Tim Horton's for a coffee and decide plan B.. now by this time its after 1:00am.. So all the dogs were fast asleep on the myriad of blankets I brought to make them comfy .. Sooooooooooo I put my seat back.. put a blanket over me and shut my eyes.. I woke a few times.. but at last it was light around 5:30.. Yup back into Timmy's.. got a coffee and bagel .. headed to the house.. took everyone inside after putting my gang out for their morning constitutional haha.. and just sat.. segregated the pups and Molly.. let my gang back in... gave them all a treat.. and I curled up on the futon. At around nine I had to go meet a potential adopter at SPAWS.. for 10:00.. she was there and loved Bea.. took her home. I was beat but knew I had loads to do this day..
So then all this week I've been driving and driving.. the mixes went to Ontario.. Connecticut and one locally.. Molly the basset that came as well has her forever home in a senior residence in Sherbrooke Quebec.. so daily I was off to somewhere.. Then Harley was adopted and he went to an area of Quebec called Gore.. another long drive on friday.. Last night I got a call about a basset that was loose up in Terrebonne area.. So off I went today to get her.. OMGoodness what a stinker.. I don't know how long she was on the lamb .. so I took her to be groomed she is there now.. This is a cleaned up her.. Ruby

Photobucket

Tuesday I'm off to Saint Hilaire area to pick up a seven year old boy.. Yup a crazy week for sure and in that mix Charlotte was in to get spayed.. one of my cockatiels died .. 22 years old.. so now her mate is alone.. I'll bury her tomorrow before I head out again..
So there you have it.. I should be called the juggler.. LOL

2 comments:

HoundDogMom said...

You are one busy lady for sure. Ruby is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for all you do for Basset rescue. Sherri

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your bird Helen I know how much they mean to you :(