Friday, May 7, 2010

Wow May Already..

... Well sorry for the absence lately but that last crazy week took allot out of me and as I suffer from rheumatoid arthritice I went into a flair.. laying me up for a few days.. Then my Percy ( my 15 year old basset ) got sick I thought I would loose him but after a few antibiotics he has bounced back.. However for me it was quite a scare.. But enough of that.. Lets see whats been going on since my last entry.. Ruby is going tomorrow to her home with another basset of 3 years.. YAY.. I love it when I get experienced basset owners adding to their home.. That way I know that she will fit like a leather glove with Donna.. So I'll be off to Kingston Ontario tomorrow to deliver her..

.. Charlotte is going on a trial tomorrow with a lovely couple and their three children.. Charlotte is quite the love bug so I am pretty sure they will give her the forever home she needs..

That will free up space here for me.. However I do wish that Foxy,Sadie,Lena, Brewster and Yankee would get a chance.. They are all great dogs that have been waiting quite a while.. my concern is always the fosters become too attached and are heart broken when they go.. Fosters are the lifeblood of rescues giving them a chance at a new life instead of facing euthanasia..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Fosters because without
them no association would exist.

YEP we always fall in love with
the rescues even for 1 night but
we know we are doing the right thing
and it's for our love of dogs that
we do it

Anonymous said...

Fostering has its challenges but more joys.

One of my greatest joys/rewards is seeing one of my loved ones move on to a 4-ever home that can give them exactly what they need and a fuller life than this transitional home.

My doxie Hollie thought she had a wonderful life here until she found her 4-ever home. Now she is the little princess of a 4 dog home. She looked around when she got there and decided to bond to the guy in the family since the other three compete for the lady of the house. Everyone won!

I can imagine havinge to be the front line person in a rescue, so many depending on you all at once. When we foster there's just a few at a time. Bless you Helen, keep up the good work!!