Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Frustrating Days..

.. Of late even though I should be thrilled I made some good adoptions.. the need just blows me away.. its not unusual for me to open my computer to Inbox (258).. 95% of them are kill lists.. its just heartbreaking.. many days I wish I knew people looking for dogs if not bassets other breeds.. I see so many pure breeds and mixed breeds being hopelessly put down.. just because of negligent owners.. or silly superstitions that black dogs are evil.. so they are usually the first in the gas chambers.. labrador after labrador .. " Black Dog Syndrome " its one of the silliest things I've ever heard.. and neither old dogs nor pups are immune from the gas.. as sweet as pugs are to collies.. spaniels.. maltese.. rottweilers.. you name the breed they are all victims.. Yet people go to the Pet Shop or the Breeders.. rather than SAVE A LIFE with a rescue.. There are so many sitting in rescues pacing the floors waiting.. I have to stop now I have a pick-up to do..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these 258 kill lists all in Canada??? How can you get the word out to people ???

BHRQ said...

Kill Shelters/Animal Control.. are in every community.. rural ones just often take the dogs out back and shoot them.. larger ones have gas chambers .. its a dirty secret all over .. Canada is not much better but its being worked on.. to BAN gas chambers..
Anyone can call their Animal Control or Shelter and ask how they euthanize.. you don't have to look so far to find them.. they are as close to Montreal as Berger Blanc... South Shore Saint Hubert.. North Shore Laval..
You can help stop this by sending me the name of any shelter you find out is a gassing shelter.. We are trying to compile a list throughout Canada.. Do your part.. make those calls and insist on knowing what they do.. and if these dead animals go to the renderers to become bone meal.. dog food.. whatever.. they are recycled.. not burned or buried don't kid yourself..