Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Silent Killer.. Cancer

.. Today I received a call from one of my adoptive parents.. she said.. " Oh Helen.. Boggie died yesterday " Now Boggie was a senior rescue last spring.. he was about 8 or 9 .. but a good boy.. I remember picking him up at the local SPCA.. a stray found in the South Shore of Montreal.. he was in sad shape.. but I knew someone who loves senior bassets and would welcome him openly.. She did and they spent this last year as buddies .. she even moved her bed so he could get on it easily.. as he suffered from arthritis.. However it wasn't that .. that took his life.. it was that silent killer cancer.. he had it in the pancreas they tried treatment but within three weeks he was over Rainbow Bridge.. I fell so bad for both of them.. this senior lady loved him so.. but she said to me.. she would still not trade the time they did have for anything.. Yes she loved her boy.. R.I.P. Boggie

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P Boggie

he was a very handsome fellow, how lucky for them both to have felt the love!

Soupkan

Bleu the hound said...

Boggie brought care and love to someone's life. Boggie is running around at the bridge howling and drooling because he knows he was loved and brought happiness to someone again.