Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cooking With Bassets

... It is pure madness to try to cook with this gang here but it is my day tomorrow for Meals On Wheels.. So as my menu plan is beef stew the time allotted to do this in the community kitchen isn't enough.. as meals have to be made and ready between 9:00 and 11:15.. thats for soup .. salad.. main course and dessert.. with a regular menu I can pull it off.. but not with stew.. So I did it here.. oh this gang drove me nuts.. I was tossing them carrots.. turnips.. celery.. fatty bits off the beef cubes.. they ate everything the turnip was a big hit.. I tell you there is nothing like trying to maneuver over seven bassets.. especially if they decide they aren't going anywhere.. its " Flat Basset " time.. So I managed but it took a tad longer. The stew is simmering.. I'll add the spuds last after all is tender.. Yes days like this just leave me a little harangued.. Its all worth it though.. I know those 24 seniors I cook for will have a good meal.. That in itself is enough..

1 comment:

Kat said...

And I thought cooking with 1 basset was bad, I can't imagine what it's like with 7.

Keep up the good work.