Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Swamped..

.. You know I could have never imagined how this rescuing bassets would play out.. I had waited so long to get a friend for my Percy.. Then Hoover FINALLY came along.. I was so thrilled however Percy was also older and wasn't ready to entertain the likes of a five month old puppy.. So I did and again HOPED for another rescue to show up.. months again passed till Micky..

.. Now that I stepped up to do basset rescue I get calls almost daily.. Even a couple of weekends ago for four bassets in three different areas.. It gets overwhelming at times to see so much need for my beloved bassets.. I don't have enough fosters to accommodate the needs..

Here is a rescue from a BYB last night Her name is Channel..

Photobucket

She was way over bred and her figure shows at least 4 years of abuse as far as thats concerned.. So sad.. But I have hope someone can over look her pregnancy figure and see the sweet dog that lies beneath ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

My heart and my blessings go out to you and "your kids". You are an earth angel and are doing God's work. My wife and I are on our 6th "baby" and have always taken in the ones that no one else wanted. Some of our "kids" were free and some we paid for. All of them lived in a home and not a house. Amanda was like this little girl Chanel. She had a droopy belly and had been overbred. We got her a tummy tuck and boy did she look good after that. Chloe is our latest little girl and is living a glorious life after she had to be given up by a co-worker of mine.

Quebec has a very dirty secret as being the puppy mill factory of North America. As a resident of Gatineau,Quebec I really don't like this about my province. I am going to compose a letter to send to the premier. We are going to have an election soon and we should get all the Basset people in North America to write him about puppy mills. After I put this letter together I'll send a copy to you and ask your opinion.

Throw some love into the wind
Bing

binghaley@hotmail.com