Thursday, February 18, 2010

Harley's Surgery Went Well

... Last night I went and picked up poor Harley.. the guy was soooooo tired... so I talked with the vet .. she told me about his dentistry.. he had to loose 4 teeth.. and another four had pockets.. she injected some antibiotics and sealer in them and hopefully they will be okay.. This is sad that a 5 year old basset who was a stud after being used .. and making money for the breeder (BYB) he was just left to rot .. His teeth were that of an OLD basset that was neglected.. So now he will need his canines brushed daily as he might loose them as well if not kept clean.. I have special food for him as well a brush and paste for this.. but first his mouth must heal and the stitches gone.. should be a week or so..

Then it was on to his two cysts.. they were removed successfully I HOPE.. but he certainly will have scars .. I'm giving him Medicam for the pain.. its helping.. he ate some wet food.. Now I need to find someone to take care of him for a while.. after all look what he has been through..

Photobucket Right Side

Photobucket Left Side

Then there was the BILL... I held my breath.. Yup $710.00 .. thats a big hit for me.. I'll definately have to supplement this one as the rescue really cannot afford it.. Oh well Harley will be okay and thats what counts..

I mean look at that face..

Photobucket

No comments: