Thursday, February 18, 2010

The No Name Basset..

... When I first saw her I was saddened.. here this lovely older girl was listed as an URGENT .. She is an older basset and why take up space for her... She wasn't even given a name.. it was " NONAME " .. Look at her did she deserve that..

Photobucket

I contacted a fellow basseteer to help me get her.. she agreed and then it was getting her vetted her eyes treated for infection and on a transport here.. I couldn't wait to see her.. Here she is leaving the shelter..

Photobucket

After about a week or so she came up.. Here she is in my van when I went to get a coffee at Timmy's..

Photobucket

Now here she is in my yard..

Photobucket

I think she's happier.. her tail is up.. Here she is with the others..



Yes I know I sound crazy..

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Awww what a sweetie! Good for you for taking her and saving her life!
All dogs deserve a second chance!:)

Emilie Airhart said...

Poor darling. From the front she looks exactly like my senior basset girl, Droopy! I hope she finds a good home.

Love to all the bassets,
Emilie Airhart

Anonymous said...

you do not sound crazy you sound
like a person that cares a lot and
that my is EXCELLENT.........

The world needs a lot more like you
and please take the credit because
you deserve it

Lena is finally safe and in good
hands and now she has a future because I'm sure she deserves it

Cat and Daisy Lynn Rudert said...

Just to introduce myself as the fellow basseteer!

I was the one that named and pulled Lena! I also spent about a week visiting with her at my Vet office who was boarding her.

Howllo! My name if Cat Rudert and I have bassethoundtown.com! Lena has a lot of followers on my site!

Lena had a lot of support at my local pound as well! I make sure I follow all bassets in my area.

There was some confusion, but Lena was not in danger of being gassed. Not when I am on the job!!!

I love to see how she is doing!

Is she going to stay with you Helen?

Love, Cat, Chaps and Emma

BHRQ said...

Cathy not on your watch or mine..

She will stay until I get her to a great foster I have with 3 other bassets.. She has a real soft spot for seniors.. Not to worry.. but in the meantime she'll hang her leach here.. and keep her tail up..

Helen