Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Hope The Universe Hears Me..

.. I recently asked to join a group .. called CBDR.. little did I realize how eye opening and heart breaking this was going to be.. It is a group like myself that rescues dogs.. but they rescue dogs in general.. not necessarily specific breeds.. They try to find specific dog breed rescues so they can try to help as many find those elusive " Forever Homes " every dog needs.. The benefit for them is they then know that there is someone to help.. that specific breed..

.. C.B.D.R. stands for Cross Boarder Dog Rescue.. Its Canadians helping out American pounds and shelters that presently are being overwhelmed with dogs due to the slump in their economy.. Dogs of every kind are being dumped and abandoned wholesale.. the staff at these pounds are beside themselves as they feel like they are just killing machines.. yet the breeders just keep pumping out dogs for the mighty dollar instead of backing off a little.. but its a commodity to some..

.. Now .. why my title says.. " I hope the Universe is Listening " well just today I was sent a myriad of emails from the CBDR.. with several basset that here earmarked to die within 24-48 hours if they could not be pulled from various shelters in the USA.. With every email I opened I was shocked with the numbers of innocent dogs.. bassets included.. in need.. My heart was sinking.. How can all this be.. No I am not naive.. I know the same nonsense goes on in some shelters here sadly.. but I'm not privy to those.. These were names and faces I saw.. pups to senior dogs.. being gassed often as that seems to be the choice down there.. Less expensive I guess.. I don't know.. but one thing I do know that if I had more than my house to work out of like a facility.. less bassets would be in those kill shelters and would have the " Forever Homes " that they deserve.. as I know if the Universe steps in.. ALL things are possible.. for within this world lies an ABUNDANCE like no other..

So Universe if Your listening.. I'm asking.. Help me to get a Sanctuary going where I can do what needs doing and rescue more cases of neglect and abuse ..

No comments: