Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shelter From A Storm

.. Some storms engage wind .. some rain.. even sand.. but the bassets that through the Universe's gentle wisdom has lead them here.. There storms are not so visible.. it might be no time.. it might be a girl friend.. it might be an allergy.. that sends them packing .. I'll never quite understand any of it.. I guess because I live my life with two feet engaged .. I can change my mind about a bedspread.. a color.. a car.. but never about my commitment to the little Spirits that Grace My house.. These little travelers through no fault of their own are castaway's .. like old jeans or shoes..

.. Bassets are resilient thank goodness.. they always have that heart beating in them.. their eyes tell their stories because they are so soulful .. I often stop to watch them rest.. twitch even smile in their sleep and I wonder what mischief they are up to. As I type 5 of them are here just napping.. Its raining outside so no fun out there.. The Basset 500 will have to be somewhat shorter today.. Its often funny when a newbie comes that has never engaged the 500.. they first seem guarded against it.. but once the game begins.. it isn't long before its full out .. I'll grab my empty paper towel roll and join in the howling.. they love that and stop momentarily to see if someone else has come.. To see its just me and carry on..

.. Yes these little travelers although come from various back grounds .. ages.. colors.. They all have that good nature in common... When they finally relax and realize things will be okay.. My heart sings.. for I know this port in the storm works for the best interest of these wonderful 4 leggers..

.. I know I can't save them all.. but those that I can.. You bet your cookies I will..

Aaarrrooooooooooooooooo

No comments: